Monday, September 8, 2008
Think Proactive
Reading has often been a struggle for me being that my patience in books that don’t peak my interest is limited. A year ago, I came upon an author, Sean Covey, who captured my attention with his self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens. Based on his father’s bestseller, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Covey shares stories and relates principles into the minds of teens by providing the ideas of being proactive and to be positive. His story has influenced me in the ways I deal with stress, relationships, homework, and peer pressures. Many teenagers, including myself, have been in unhealthy relationships and find themselves in the mists of drugs. By retelling real life stories, Covey doesn’t make me as a reader feel guilty for the things I’ve done. Instead through the encouraging conclusions of the teens in his stories, he leads me to revaluate how I can have positive outcomes in my life. He uses personal stories and situations that teens face on an everyday basis. In the future, I plan to use his advice of being proactive towards my life long goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment