Monday, September 8, 2008

My Influence

I would have to say the person that influenced me the most in my life is my older sister Emily.  Emily is the middle child in my family, and acts just like a middle child usually acts.  She felt neglected from my parents, as most middle children do. Because of her feeling of neglect, she became more and more independent from my parents as she got older, faster than my other sister and I did.  As a child, I would always follow Emily around and do exactly what she did.  She was the only left-handed person in my family, that is, until I copied off of her and became left-handed myself. 

As we both grew older, I started to find myself looking more for her approval rather than my parent’s approval on most things.  For example, if my parents told me to do my homework, or clean my room, or things along that line, I would usually just go and sit in my room and procrastinate until it was time for me to go to bed.  Often times my sister would come into my room to see how things were going, and see that I was not doing anything.  She would tell me to just do it and get it done so that my parents wouldn’t be mad at me.  And for some reason, that seemed to always work. 

It is because of my big sister Emily that caused me to focus on the task at hand and make me the person I am today.

No comments: