Monday, September 29, 2008

Pitter Patters Across the Stage...

I am a dancer, and being a dancer is a subculture that I belong to.  Dancers interact with one another once their feet hit the dance floor.  Whether a dance is choreographed or choreography is made up on a whim, all dancers feel the same emotions.  Being a dancer is a subculture in itself because it is a form of self-expression.  It is a way for someone to let all emotions go without even saying a word.  It is something that many see, but few understand.  I mean, I don't expect everyone I know to understand what a chassé, passé, or what releve means.  
When I dance, it is something that I do for myself.  It puts me in a different state of mind, giving me the feeling that I am the only person in the room.  I let go, and allow my thoughts and emotions to control the movement of my body.  My body fills with emotions that supersedes any other emotion that I've ever felt in my 18 year old life.  The passion emerges from my heart, to my soul, to my body.  This is where I am happy, this is where I truly belong.  Occasionally nerves will take over, and I feel butterflies in my stomach as I begin to think about what my audience may be thinking.  But as the stage starts to connect to my body, those nervous little butterflies begin to float away.  This is where I am happy, this is where I truly belong.  I enjoy where I am.  I enjoy who I am.  I enjoy what I love to do.
If you do not understand, I recommend you take the time to let some type of art take complete control over your soul.  I guarantee that it will change your life.

No comments: