Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Influences

My greatest influences in my life come from the people that have come into my life throughout the years. From my parents and siblings to my friends and every other person whom I've met. How they've influenced me doesn't really effect me until at that point in my life when I realize that my actions are direct cause of the impact that that person has had on me.

My parents' influence on me has evolved throughtout my lifetime. They have always encourgaged me to follow what inspires me and what drives me. But they also know who I really am and how much I can take. So they know how much I can take and how much I really can handle. I find my mother's influences even more apparent these days. Slight habits or little rituals that she has either done my entire life or drilled into me have carried over into my college life. Now living (somewhat) on my own in my dorm, I find myself doing things that I remember my mother doing at home. I see her more and more in me with each passing day.

My friends are probably one of the biggest influences in my life - if not the biggest. They have helped shaped my personality and my tastes. They are the people who I surround myself with on a daily basis. They are my strength when I'm lacking and they are the people who pick me up when I fall. I have picked up some of my best and worst habits from my friends. Not to mention my tastes in music, clothing, and different views on many topics. My friends are the people who I know will be with me throughtout the rest of my life. And I wouldn't have it any other way. They are what has helped make me who I am.

No comments: