When I was a kid, nothing was better then a nice cold day with a fresh blanket of snow. Especially once it just finished coating the once green grasses, while another layer was being added by lightly fluttering snow flakes. The winter season has always been one of my favorite seasons. Aside from the bitter cold that would create ice cycles on your buggers, it was a pleasant season. I mean, it comes with a great assortment of activities!
As a kid, I would wake up each morning and look out my window just to see if there was a fresh heaping pile of snow out on my yard, in which case I would try to decide if school was going to be canceled or not, granted my school would close if there was even 2 inches of fresh snow. But when I caught word that class was canceled, I'd immediately spring out of bed and into my winter gear and try to find all my friends. With winter, its like the world has completely transformed into one big white snow cone. Lakes and streams turned into make-shift ice rinks, yards turned into war zones for snowball fights, and hills were transformed into race tracks for sleds. All of these entertaining activities could never be achieved during any other season! However, aside from all the activities that can be done during the winter, there is one special holiday that will always capture my heart, aside from Halloween, Christmas is one of the best.
Christmas not only is a time where you can get gifts and give gifts as well, but another magical time in the season. The night covered snow is glimmering with greens, reds, and white lights that decor the exterior of houses, trees are dressed up in lights and ornaments and with the yards that are not turned into children's warzones, they're gussied up with little yard lights of reindeer, snowmen, snowflake lights, and all sorts of festive and tacky yard works. No matter how many people fill themselves up on Eggnog, crack their voices with singing to many Christmas carols, or capture a black eye by playing to hard in a snow ball fight, I believe the winter season will always be one of my favorites.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment