The most influential person in my life would have to be my high school art teacher, Jack Denton. Not only was he an amazing landscape painter, incredible drawer, and unbelievable sculptor, but also he was by far the best teacher I have ever had the pleasure of learning from. His teachings couldn’t have come into my life at a better time. Being a junior in high school, I had no idea where my life was headed and with college on everyone’s mind, it only added to the stress and anxiety. After taking an advanced studio art course, I found what I had been looking for. With the help of Mr. Denton I had finally found something I could call my own: Art. Like Mr. Denton, art became the only thing I could think or talk about. Mr. Denton basically took me under his wing and taught me everything I wanted to learn about art. Anything from different artists, to techniques, and he even helped me with my confidence. Probably the most important thing I learned from him, besides the fact that just because your room is a total mess and disaster doesn’t mean you won’t be successful, was that if you believed in your work you will always prevail. I had the pleasure of working with Mr. Denton over the summer at an art camp for children. His love for teaching rubbed off on me and I have recently considered following him in his footsteps as an art teacher. I cannot think of anyone else who has influenced me more than Jack Denton.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment