Monday, September 29, 2008

I am a Halloweeny!

There may be only a handful of people in my connection group inside the Columbia walls and within the entire city of Chicago that know exactly what kind of fanatic I am, a Halloween fanatic.
I’m not talking about the people that get excited just because it is fall and Halloween is just another holiday to enjoy. I am talking about the people, I included, enjoy Halloween all year long. Most of these fanatics can be either found hanging out in the Halloween shops that open up during the season, around haunted houses, or even in your own apartment building at a Halloween party. Clothing style isn’t much different during the year compared to other people; however, you may catch a glimpse of a small splash of a Halloween item on their person. For example, the Christmas holiday last year, I had Halloween socks on and had a jack-o-lantern clip in my hair. But when it becomes October, or even late September, I bust out my Halloween decorations and start sprucing up my apartment, buying pumpkins, pumpkin carving kits, even more Halloween decorations at the Halloween store, and waaaay before Halloween was even a thought on most people’s minds in the early year, I was conjuring up my next costume to wear to a party or a simple event in October. Some people call me silly, crazy, or just out right weird, but I don’t mind. I know I am not the only one that wants to be married on Halloween, and I’m surely not the last!

No comments: