Saturday, September 6, 2008

Long Live Tim Burton

No doubt have people left their marks on me; influencing me as they come and go. Of course my parents have taught me more than anyone else ever could, but they are not the subject of this essay. I’ve decided to break away from influences that I actually have physical contact with. One of my greatest influences is Tim Burton. For those who have never heard of him, he’s a movie director, and my favorite. Although I am not majoring in film, movies are still a huge part of my life. The ones that this man has had part in really changed my outlook on basic and complex aspects of my life. Tim Burton has really shown me a different side of beauty. Before him, I had a general “stereotypical” definition of the word beauty and what I find beautiful. Movies that he’s directed really help me let my views and personality come through. It’s always good to know you’re not alone, especially when your ideals are out of the “norm”. And for someone to become so well known for being so different not only influences me, but gives me the courage to be true to myself, and let my creativity soar without second guesses.

No comments: