Thursday, September 4, 2008

Someone who influenced me!!!!!

There are several people in my life that has influenced me. However, this blog will focus on one person in particular that I have chose. His name is Major Herman Sheppard and he is an instructor of J.R.O.T.C at Prosser High school, Chicago IL. Beginning my first year of high school, I enrolled in a leadership program by the name of Junior Reserved Officer Training Corps. It was an indifferent experience for me because it was new to me. But as time flew by I eventually became more interested in the program and strive to gain more rank. In J.R.O.T.C, rank was used to distinguish a certain level or grade.
Ultimately, I was able to develop more leadership skills while having Major Sheppard who played a major father figure and outstanding mentor role. He always made sure I was on the job and doing what I was supposed to do. I continued to excel above others which qualified me for the higher rank; Major. Due to my obedience I held the position as the Drum & Bugle Commander, where we won 1st place in the competition. Clearly, all thanks is due to Major Sheppard for his hard work and willingness to help teach others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like some of your ideals,
really nice