Monday, September 22, 2008

I believe in Jeans

I learned a long time ago that I will never be a fashion icon.   I am far too lazy to put more than ten minutes in to getting dressed in the morning.  Besides that, shopping is not my favorite activity.  I get tired and hungry and usually end up in the food court before I have hit my 2nd shop.  My mom is the only one who can keep me shopping for longer than 20 minutes, and she has had 18 years to prefect that art, I can't even keep myself shopping for that long.  Out of all my lazy tendencies rose my favorite piece of clothing, my jeans.  
I like them because they provide a mindless solution at 8:00 am to the "What am I going to wear today?" problem.   They eliminate having to worry about the entire bottom and I can focus on the top.  Some days this strategy works and I look like I have put careful planning into my fashionable outfit, other days, I look like I just threw on a pair of jeans and a top.  
All through out my years in the public school system(12 years), every once in a while I would decide to try to look cute.  So I would ditch the denim and go for a skirt.  Twenty minutes into the school day I would miss my jeans.  Jeans were warm and comfy, a skirt, not so much.  
I also love them because they carry me from one activity to another.  Back home I would wear them to school, then go ride my horse without changing my jeans.  This was also born form my laziness, I don't like to change clothes throughout the day.
Through out the years, jeans have become a comfort thing for me.  They are what I wear.  Even in the middle of summer in Virginia, I wear jean shorts.  Jeans, for me at least, are the reining king of the clothing world.  

No comments: