Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where you can't follow

This song, "where you can't follow" is a song by the HorrorPops that I just fell in love with. The song is very deep and I feel that everyone can connect to it. This is why I feel it can with stand the test of time. Even though many people might not like the actual music being played behind the words. Everyone can connect to the words. "you've only been working on another me" this line everyone has once felt that way weather it be from friend or a lover.
I feel a deep connection to this song and the writers of this song. This song has taught me many things, for example it has taught me to just be me and if things go wrong remember what I saw and don't stay in a bad situation. Also every time I hear this song, I think of an old friend Kristin, because the first time I heard this song i was on the way to her house and it was stuck in my head the whole time we were hanging out.
I love this song and it has shaped me and made me who I am today. I really think people need to really "listen" to songs to understand the meaning, not just play them on your Ipod or laptop.


1 comment:

MeganBurns said...

I hated this song the first time I ever heard it!!! haha. But then I went back and actually listened to the words of the song...and I fell in love with it!!! lol. I find myself completely relating to the words and the meanings behind the lyrics. I think that this may stand the test of time, but more importantly I think that it'll stay with you for the rest of your life because you have such strong ties and memories to the song itself. And I think that that is really important and I think that it's also what makes a song timeless - the fact that there are people out there in the world who connect so deeply to an artists words and the emotion that they put into their work that it stays with people for the rest of their lives and it becomes part of the soundtrack to their lives.