Monday, October 20, 2008

The Art of Home Decorating... It's Absolutely Beautiful!!

I have recently come to the realization that art can come in virtually any form. In this sense, almost everyone residing on this earth are artists. An artist is defined as, "1. One who is skilled in or who makes a profession of any of the fine arts or the performing arts." This is the definition most people follow, (I am a victim of this too.) However, if one reads past the first definition, they would see an artist defined as, "2. One who does anything with artistry." This is, indeed, the definition I am promising myself to follow from now on. My reason is because I have recently opened my eyes to the reality that art is all around, not just in museums or molded into a statue or painted on a canvas, art is 'The World.' Art is you and I. 

The presence of various forms of art is why I am being so argumentative. For I have given the tediousness of home-decorating a place in the category of art. A home decorator must have the creative eyes, a sense of organization, and the outstanding ability to make the end product of their mixing and matching appear just as they had envisioned it. Not many people have the unique set of eyes that the decorator has. Sure, those who are fortunate can see in a literal sense, but home decorating needs eyes that can see uniqueness and creativity in an ordinary room. This is an art that is seen and complimented whenever a family or friend visits. This is the kind of art that cannot be forgotten so long as one lives there, takes proper care of its elements- the furniture, decorations- and guests continue to compliment its beauty. Home decorating will last a lifetime because it is what people enjoy doing when they want to make their houses feel like homes. The complexity of the positions of the furniture or the simplicity of the colors often represent the one who lives there-- The Home Decorator. Of course they will most likely spread the blessings of their artistic talent to those who desire their assistance, thus they may establish a business of their own: a home decorating business.  



home-decorating-main.jpg

No comments: