"How to fight big tobacco with out ever talking about the health risk of smoking", by Dahlia Lithwick. After reading this article multiple times I think I understand most of it. This article is about how a group of smokes wants to sue Philip Morris for falsely labeling cigarettes, they never say anything about how the false labeling is connected with health issues. According to an Act, the federal law will not take cases dealing with smoking and health. According to the labeling act no case is required to be heard about smoking and health issues connected with advertising and promotion of any cigarette.
The voice of this article is very serious and is targeted towards older more educated adults who are interested in government and smoking cases. To be completely honest I personally needed to read this article multiple times and I'm not completely sure I understand this article to the full extent that I should.
I honestly think that the group of smokers regret ever smoking and want money back from all the "light" cigarettes they brought while they smoked. This whole lawsuit is just a bunch of bull crap and needs to be thrown away.
1 comment:
I fully agree with you saying that it's a bunch of crap how people want to sue cigarette companies. In this day and age, with all the TRUTH commericals and public health advertisments, people know good and well the risks that they are opening themselves up to when they decide to smoke. Being a smoker, I know that the fact that I smoke makes it easier for me to get sick, and harder for me to get better when I do get sick. But I wouldn't go so far as to attempt to sue the Marlboro tobacco company for being the cause or a factor into my getting sick. Yes, they make the cigarettes that I buy and smoke, but I am the one who is still buying their product (weekly) and I know - and have known for day one - fully that smoking can be a health risk. I still smoke, and I still get sick like everyone else does, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna sue the tobacco company. In the end it is my choice to continue smoking, as it is the choice of everyone else who does or does not smoke. No one is to blame but yourself.
Post a Comment