
Released in 1999, with the main tag line, "In the game of seduction, there is only one rule: Never fall in love," "Cruel Intentions" follows two stepsiblings who find themselves in a tale of sexual seduction, revenge, envy, and conquest. The plot takes place in Manhattan's upper crust, and traces the wealthy social lives of the elegant New York Prep School they attend.
The plot is refreshing because it is far from the normal romantic chick flicks. Playing heavily on teenage lust, backstabbing, cheating and manipulating, "Cruel Intention" introduced a new innovative way in storytelling. The continuous twists and turns are the best parts of the movie. It allows the viewer to see how good it might all have been, with a little more care.
"Cruel Intentions" has a profound and overwhelming message that I believe is vital. Love, loyalty, respect and honor don't always equal success. What matters alone is power. "Intentions" bombshell ending only further symbolizes the fact that sometimes only the dominant and vigorous survive. I think this movie sets high standards for other thriller romance movies. It will always be my favorite movie, no matter how many times I watch it I still leave with the same intention, a cruel one.
2 comments:
Absolutely love that movie! & you:)
ps. i love your ending
Post a Comment