If I were elected president, I would immediately provide health care to every citizen in the United States. As a matter of fact, our nation has over 44 million citizens without any form of health insurance and about 16 million who are insured but do not have the money to pay for their medical bills. It is a common misconception by many that the United States has the best health care system in the world. In fact, the United States ranks poorly in relation to other nations in health care even though it has the best trained health care providers and the best medical infrastructure of any industrialized country. As of today, the United States has private health insurance which means that a person is covered by a health plan provided through an employer or union or purchased by an individual from a private health insurance company (many people buy insurance from companies like American Family or State Farm). However, a drawback to this system is that people may not always be accepted to receive health insurance. For example, if a person has a certain illness or disease or does not have enough money to pay for the insurance, the person is unable to receive it. As a result, the current system fails to provide every American to receive this so- called “luxury”. Creating a universal health care plan should be treated as a right and extended to all Americans because it would be less expensive, more efficient, it would be fair because everyone would be insured, and no longer would there be needless deaths and prolonged illnesses of the uninsured.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lauren I totally agree with you, I think that I would also want everyone to have health care! Great little insight, gives me more reasons to vote for you in the next election! haha
HEY! YOUR IDEAS ARE VERY INTERESTING AND THEY MAKE PERFECT SENSE. I AGREE WITH MORE HEALTH CARE AND YOU DEFINITELY HAVE MY VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good decision. I agree with you as well. I think it is very important for people to have health care. I would for sure vote for you in the next election.
Post a Comment