Among the many necessities needed to live freely: health care, education and economy. If I were elected President of the United States I would pull the soldiers out of Iraq and redesign the blueprints of the war. The surge into Iraq has affected all of us in someway so much it’s seemly impossible for one to say that this isn’t true. The war in Iraq has cost nearly 10 trillion dollars, and according to brilling.com the average increase daily is at a whopping 3.98 billion dollars. With these sky rocketing statistics, I find it hard for one not to side with me. I know that many things need to be taken into account but I feel that our ways of war need to change. This personally affects me because my second oldest brother, whom I’m very close to, is currently serving overseas in Iraq as a marine. Now that I’m in college I’ve found it hard to remain close to him. I end up maybe talking to him for about five minutes every six to ten months.
I feel that war is not always the answer and I would try to find as many ways around it before sending countless lives of men and women into a place when it isn’t needed. I’m not stating that war is never needed but it shouldn’t be something that is just toyed around with, like I see it is today. The foreign policy should be adjusted as well. How we are received by other nations needs to be changed and if I were elected president I would revolutionize that. No more tears need to be shed over heroic men and women, when they could be with their loved ones celebrating Christmas at home, rather than eating in low lit light with little to no happiness.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You bring up some valid issues that our country really needs to take into account. I'd vote for you.
hey!
wow i feel the same way about this issue!
You got my vote mister! I really like your views and ideas. :D
wow, president andy billmyer. i don't know what it's like to have a family member overseas but it must be truly difficult. i loved everything you said!
nice colors! very patriotic! and i agree with everything you said
Post a Comment