Columbia is nothing but what a bad high school would be. The sad part is that I can see my high school through some of my classroom windows. Though the city might be exciting to some people, I've been through it and soaked up all that I could before college. I feel that my general ed classes don't challenge me and I struggle every morning to convinve myself to go to class.
Columbia is not what I expected college to be like. I expected to be stressed and was oddly ready for it. I wanted to work hard for classes and have that hard work be paid off. I think the thing that really urked me about Columbia was when one of my professors told me she had to grade my paper to the department's standards, which were low. My A didn't feel so good anymore, I felt cheated and upset. I want to know that my work and effort is graded accordingly, even if I fail at the assignment, I'll have known that I had at least tried. I haven't thought that far into transferring but maybe it's the best thing I can do and a better chance at making my education worth while.
1 comment:
I feel the same way. Part of me is afraid to transfer for fear of being behind, but maybe it is for the best...
Post a Comment