Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One in the bank!

I have come to enjoy my first semester, here at Columbia. I realize now that the hard work my high school put me through really prepped me for what I’m going through now. Being in college is different, and I think I’m adjusting quite find. I’ve learned numerous things outside and in the classroom. Being in the city has also improved some theories I had on life in college. One of those would be that there is always something going on, you just have to put the effort in and go looking for it. Two more would be that people don’t necessarily respond intern to generosity, and knowing where you’re going and where you are is crucial. I’ve meet an enormous amount of friends, and surprising enough, some where people not very far from my home in the suburbs. I know at Columbia, especially in my field, networking is a big part of surviving, and I’ve been trying my hardest to get my face out there even if it means nothing in return, or perhaps just a card. One thing that I’d like to allude at, but not get to far into is my knowledge of how something runs here, specifically to Columbia. I‘ve witnessed certain things that I haven’t liked, and are still trying to understand. The only thing I have as of now to answer my question is “Treat it like the real world, not a college”. I think that to myself, and it kind of make sense, but there are always those tangents that annoy you. Overall, my first semester has been great. I look forward to attending Columbia for 3 and a half more years.

1 comment: