Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bitter Sweet

This is a tough question for me at this point. I find this city very lonely and depressing at times but I have only been at Columbia for one semester. I have met a lot of interesting and fun people here but I still miss having a best friend to confide in. I am hopeful that next semester I will find solid friends. I think going to Columbia was a good step for me to take to grow more and gain my independence. I have never been so proud of myself and either have my parents. Columbia is the only college I have ever wanted to go to. This kind of makes me think, "Do I really like Columbia or am I just afraid not to?" I expected going to Columbia away from St. Louis would just solve all my problems. My parents are so happy that I am "happy" but I am not really sure I am. I am worried that next year all my friends will have left Columbia or I won't be able to find a roommate. 

I do like a lot of my classes because they are mostly everything I love to do such as 2D design. I think this is a very supportive place to be creative and I have never been so inspired or motivated to create. I don't think Columbia is too easy at all. I get stressed out a lot because I will have two art projects and a paper due in the same week a lot of the time. I don't like to do art unless I'm not rushed because I hate turning in things that don't reflect my true abilities. I have been able to open up in classes more because I feel that people won't judge me. I thought everyone at Columbia would be all be friends and I find that most people are accepting and get along. I have also noticed that there are certain "cliques" that are worse than high school. Some people look down on you if your not stylish enough. They all look the same. They need to get over it. Being friends with everyone is the way to go:)

I plan on staying at Columbia & seeing everyone in this class for the next four years!

<3

No comments: