Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I hit the slope of disappointment

At first, I loved being a student at Columbia.  I felt the happiest that I ever had in my entire life.  I loved being in the city, I loved the busy atmosphere, I loved my classes.  There was absolutely nothing that I didn't like about being here.
Then a few months passed, and my feelings were not so positive.  I don't drink, and it seemed like every party consisted strictly of drinking, no dancing or anything.  That's a problem for me.  Dancing IS how I party, and if there's none of that, I'm screwed.
I also realized I hadn't made many friends, and that was also a problem because I'm a big people person.  It seems as if I just see the same people over and over again, like the school only consists of 50 students.  My happiness decreased, and soon enough I ended up spending my weekends in my dorm room, watching movies and eating popcorn.
The third and final straw, is that i decided I don't want to go into the fashion business anymore.  I want to study Mass Communications, but not here.  I don't want to be here anymore.
Everything I tried to get away from (a campus, sororities and fraternities, sports teams, dance team) is what I wish I had now.  I tried so hard to convince my father to let me transfer at semester to Iowa State University.  Why Iowa State?  It was my 2nd choice school, obviously completely OPPOSITE of Columbia, but when I visited, twice, I felt so comfortable.  But anyway, after many tears were shed, and many phone calls were made from my cell phone to the Iowa State Admissions office, my father denied my request, and I'm staying here for another semester.
Lucky enough, I'm transferring there next year, and I can't even wait.

2 comments:

poo said...

Aw:(
I'm not a big party drinker either but I'm used to being the only sober one.
I hope you figure things out.

Elena said...

wow =( i feel really bad...i don't drink or party much either