From the start of my junior year in high school I was thinking about what college I wanted to attend. It wasn’t at all easy to decide, which is why I chose the process of elimination. Reaching my senior year, once I narrowed the schools down to like five, it became simple. The top five were of course those who had my major; Broadcast Journalism. They were; Bradley University, University of Illinois in Champaign, Michigan State University, Columbia College Chicago, and DePaul University.
Well, DePaul got knocked off of the list because my high school counselor didn’t give me my transcripts in time so I missed the deadline. Then I just decided that I didn’t want to attend MSU anymore because I didn’t want to live in Michigan. I have been there many times and it’s not a lot of fun. At any rate, I did give UIC in Champaign some thought. Mainly, because they had a Journalism program there and I had plans to play on their Girls’ Basketball team. Unfortunately, I couldn’t go there because they financial aid didn’t give me enough money.
Finally, it was between Bradley and Columbia. Both them had my majors and both are really good schools. But, the amount Bradley gave me, if taken I would have had a little left to pay. I wasn’t financially stable enough to commit to that and neither were my parents. As a blessing, Columbia gave me the full about for my first year and I had to pay nothing. The only expense needed was the $500 for the housing fee, and that was it. I was so excited even more when I was reminded of the Dance program at Columbia. I love to dance and have been since I was 6. Ultimately, I was able to attend Columbia to major in Broadcast Journalism and minor in Dance. This was truly a dream come true. It has it’s downsides but so does every other college or university. Thanks Columbia!
Well, DePaul got knocked off of the list because my high school counselor didn’t give me my transcripts in time so I missed the deadline. Then I just decided that I didn’t want to attend MSU anymore because I didn’t want to live in Michigan. I have been there many times and it’s not a lot of fun. At any rate, I did give UIC in Champaign some thought. Mainly, because they had a Journalism program there and I had plans to play on their Girls’ Basketball team. Unfortunately, I couldn’t go there because they financial aid didn’t give me enough money.
Finally, it was between Bradley and Columbia. Both them had my majors and both are really good schools. But, the amount Bradley gave me, if taken I would have had a little left to pay. I wasn’t financially stable enough to commit to that and neither were my parents. As a blessing, Columbia gave me the full about for my first year and I had to pay nothing. The only expense needed was the $500 for the housing fee, and that was it. I was so excited even more when I was reminded of the Dance program at Columbia. I love to dance and have been since I was 6. Ultimately, I was able to attend Columbia to major in Broadcast Journalism and minor in Dance. This was truly a dream come true. It has it’s downsides but so does every other college or university. Thanks Columbia!
No comments:
Post a Comment