Monday, December 8, 2008

College Life

When my high school guidance counselor told me about Columbia College Chicago, I was surprised to know that there was a school out there for me.  I wanted to major in music, and not go to a classical school at the same time.  Columbia College Chicago offered me a music major, and it was cotemporary, so it worked out perfectly.  I was not really excited to come here, I’m not sure why though.  I think deep down I just figured it would still be school.  The long distance from my home in Cleveland, OH did not bother me at the time.  I knew I would be far from my family, but I did not care because I also knew I would come home for breaks.  When I got here, I was really impressed with my dorm.  It’s pretty much a nice apartment.  So I was happy about that.  In the beginning of the year, I watched a lot of television.  I never had cable while growing up as a kid, so tv was awesome for me.  Throughout the year, I didn’t meet to many people to hang out with, so all I did was watch tv all the time.  I made enough friends to keep me from going insane, but usually I was bored all the time.  Nothing has changed yet, except that one of my friends is leaving at the end of this week.  That’s one less friend I have here at school.  I am actually thinking of leaving after this semester as well.  I love the school and all, my classes are good and fun, and I learn a lot about myself and what I want to do when I grow up, but I don’t like being so far away from home without any friends.  If I move back home, I would live with one of my best friends and I can still keep my band going.  Plus there wont be any RA’s.  I’m still going to go to school, and keep my same major.  Also though, Columbia College is way too expensive for me to keep going here.  That’s the main reason why I would leave.  I’m not even able to register for classes for next semester yet because I have to pay the rest of my first semester bill.  If I move back to Cleveland then I would obviously go to a much cheaper school. 

No comments: