Friday, December 5, 2008

Creating Change....

“Do you believe in love at first sight?” this cliché saying is one that every lover asks their partner. I believe this saying holds true for my love of Columbia College. After visiting many colleges, some including: Loyola, DePaul, Santa Clara, Florida State and a few others, I left my college visit feeling differently with Columbia. After stepping onto the campus which is essentially “down town” Chicago I viewed life differently. I pictured myself living in a high rise apartment that over looked the beautiful Lake Michigan. I saw myself sitting among many talented artist aspiring to “create change” which covers every corner of Columbia campus. After my first tour which followed three others I knew right away this was the place for me. What more could a college student ask for? Living down town Chicago, living in an apartment with a beautiful view, learning among kids with the same interest. This may sound like a dream to many, and let me tell you, it is a dream come true!

I can honestly say that as this point in time I love absolutely everything about Columbia. I love the University Center, I love the students and staff, I love my classes, and most of all I love being down town. I have endless opportunities and look forward to spending my four years here. I hope to one day that I will possible work for Columbia with a Public Relations major, flying over seas to promote more foreign exchange. I think the diversity that Columbia exposes to me is something that I truly love. I not only have friends like myself, but many friends who are from all over the United States. I not only leave the class room and have learned something, but I learn everyday from the different people I meet!

2 comments:

Bianca Word said...

I agree Andrew!! When I visited Columbia, it felt so comforting!! I felt as if I could get the attention and hands-on experience I needed.. : )

Destine said...

Count me in because i feel the same way. This school is so welcoming!!!nice story girl!!!!